You know your favorite team’s roster up and down. Someone gives you a jersey number, and you can name the last three players to wear it.
But how well do you know your team’s history? Furthermore, how well do you know the other 30 teams in the NHL?
With the NHL season beginning this week, there’s no better time than now to learn the rich history of the best league in the world.
Over the past year, we provided you with a team history of every NHL club. Thanks in large part to Josh Smith of Scouting The Refs, you can learn about the history of every team, whether they are your rival or your second favorites.
You will find plenty of answers to hockey trivia, including:
- Which teams are actually older than the league.
- Which NHL team has employed the same general manager since its inception.
- Which current team derived from the Colorado Rockies and the Kansas City Scouts.
- Which franchise is yet to win a playoff game.
- Which NHL team was formerly known as the Cougars.
- Which franchise was named after an American Civil War campaign.
Select the team you want to learn about below.
|Central Division||Pacific Division|
|Atlantic Division||Metropolitan Division|
Of course, you can continue to learn about the NHL, as well as hockey in general, by checking out our Hockey Facts and Hockey Analysis sections. These areas also feature exclusive content that recaps and analyzes NHL games, as well as the 2016 World Cup of Hockey.
Most importantly, don’t forget that we are still celebrating the Toronto Maple Leafs’ Centennial Season! Check out our Maple Leafs section for more about this storied franchise!
In case you are itching to know the answers to the aforementioned trivia knowledge, here they are in order:
- Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- Winnipeg Jets/Atlanta Thrashers
- Detroit Red Wings
- Calgary Flames/Atlanta Flames
To shop our entire store, click your link below: