The Everything Hockey blog, the official blog of xHockeyProducts, is seeking energetic and enthusiastic hockey writing professionals to join its small team of writers. Although new writers are encouraged to post about the NHL, AHL or corresponding leagues, they are not limited in what they can cover. We have a wide range of videos on our xHockeyProducts YouTube page, as well as many business partners in the industry, from which to draw post ideas.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Concise writer with a strong eye for the game
- Interest in hockey writing and reporting, copywriting, blogging, content management and/or marketing
- Ability to take criticism in stride and learn from it
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus, but not required (we are willing to train)
- Able to post 8 articles per month during the hockey season and 5 during the summer months (June–August)
- A self motivator who is willing to find new ways of bringing people to the Everything Hockey blog
Your Game Plan:
- Submit 8 or more articles in a calendar month and you will be offered a monthly traffic-based compensation.
- NHL articles must be at least 400 words in length – for best post views, we recommend exceeding this mark.
- Hockey training posts must be at least 300 words in length with video and/or step-by-step image breakdowns included.
- If you’re starting mid-month, the number of posts will be prorated. You are welcomed to wait until the next month to begin.
- Posts must be submitted fairly regularly throughout the month. If multiple posts are submitted over the last few days of the month, a distribution will not be offered.
- Summer Months: The amount of monthly posts required to earn a distribution will be decreased to 5. This will be in effect for the months of June, July and August.
- Although we will be using the xHockeyProducts Facebook and Twitter pages to promote your posts, we encourage you to tweet and Facebook post your own articles to gain traction. This is a team effort; we will be sharing and retweeting your posts and we ask you do the same for company promotions and other information from time to time.
- There are no limits to what you can do with the Everything Hockey blog. We are wanting you to be creative and come up with fresh article ideas, new topics and pitches to move the blog in the right direction. We do ask that anything out of the ordinary is cleared with someone from the xHockeyProducts team, but we are yet to hear a bad idea.
Do you think you have what it takes? Are you looking to up your hockey writing game? Send a brief description of your writing or blogging background and two writing samples (whether previously written or new content), to Jeff Ponder at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you join our team!
To shop the entire xHockeyProducts store, click your link below: